The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) has considered education its number one priority since it was established in 1929. As part of LULAC’s education efforts, the LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF) was established in 1975 to provide scholarships to Latino students attending colleges and universities. Under the LNSF program, local LULAC Councils, in partnership with local and national businesses, award scholarships to students in their communities. LNSF is administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc., (LNESC) a non-profit educational organization established by LULAC to provide educational programs to youth across the country.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: LULAC Dayton wants to help with your college education. You don’t want to miss this great opportunity! Apply for the LULAC Dayton Scholarships. Here are the details
- Student or parents should reside in the greater Dayton Metro area.
- Student should have participated in civic and/or social activities organized to support the Latino community.
- Recipient will complete 5 hours (minimum) of community service at LULAC events or with approved LULAC community partners (e.g. El Puente Learning Center). Students will receive their check(s) after they complete the 5 hours of community service. In addition, scholarship recipients should become LULAC members.
- All students with Hispanic/Latino heritage can and should apply, regardless of legal status.
- Students with demonstrated financial need will be given preference (1040 – tax return, letter of support or recommendation supporting student’s financial need, etc.) Please include copies of these supporting documents with your application. Make sure that no personal information: social security number or address is visible.
- To obtain a scholarship application, please visit: https://www.lnesc.org/ or use this link to download the application.
- Students should send complete application packet postmarked by April 30, 2020 to:
Attn: Education Committee
P.O. Box 340056
Dayton, OH 45432
- To ensure the safety and wellness of our applicants, students can sumit thier applications and additional documents electronically.